Office moving requires a different sort of organizational method to plan from your typical residential move, as well as specialized services, techniques, and equipment for executing the physical relocation. Hiring a team of professional Manhattan office movers can be a surprisingly convenient, efficient, and cost-effective way to keep your business afloat while relocating it to another place.
Whether moving your office locally in the area or relocating your company's offices anywhere in the US, our team at JD Carton & Son offers comprehensive commercial moving solutions designed to help you make the most out of your move. In this article, our expert team of NYC office movers at JD Carton & Son explains some of our techniques for office moving in Manhattan, and how you can benefit from the services of a well-organized and professional moving company.
Navigating Through Your Manhattan Office Move
Imagine a typical office moving scenario in Manhattan: a large company ready to move thirty blocks away, through heavy city traffic. There are heavy office items and expensive electronics and equipment that needs to be handled, and both the old and new locations are located on higher floors of large office buildings.
New York City commercial moving is rarely a simple process. It takes careful planning and know-how to seamlessly move one office to another, and there’s a lot to coordinate and organize before the actual move even starts. That’s why our team at JD Carton & Sons develops a personalized relocation blueprint for each and every company we move, that’s custom-fit to make your move a swift and easy success. Here are some of the ways we map out a typical office move in Manhattan:
- Itemize Property: One of the first steps in a successful office move is to create a list of inventory including its estimated value and box number. Everything that’s not being donated, sold, given away, or thrown out will need to be accounted for on the list, which will help everyone to keep track of the office supplies and equipment.
- Create a Moving Plan: Before we begin working with a company, we offer an on-site consultation to create a strategic moving plan and no-obligation price estimate. During this meeting, we’ll determine what services you need depending on your budget, your preferences, and your needs. Whether you’re packing yourself or hiring us to do it for you, crating fragile or expensive equipment to lower the risk of damage or loss to property, or in need of other special services to keep business running as usual throughout the move, we’ll develop the best plan to address your company’s needs and budget concerns.
- Know the Layout: Knowing what is going in the new office and where is one of the most important parts of moving to a new location. We’ll request a blueprint or layout of your new property to determine how your belongings will fit into the office you’re moving into, to save time, stress, and hassle.
- No-Stress Packing Services: While many offices choose to pack up their desks and office equipment themselves, hiring us to do it for you can be more cost-effective—especially if you want to reduce downtime as much as possible. Because we’re also packing experts, we know how to wrap, crate, and package as safely as possible, which can also significantly reduce your risk of damage or loss of valuable office property.
Move Into Your New Office With JD Carton & Son
Moving a business is a challenging endeavor, especially when moving in a city as fast-paced and competitive as New York City. At JD Carton & Son we understand that your time is valuable, which is why we take over to make sure that every aspect of your office move is handled efficiently so that you can focus on running your office.
Our focus is on our customers, which is why all of our crew is in-house and specially trained to handle corporate moves in New York. Our customers benefit from a range of professional moving services that include:
- Pre-Move Planning
- Packing/Unpacking Services
- Computer Packing and Re-Installation
- Furniture Set-Up
- Storage with Asset Management
- Bar-coded, Record Storage
… and more!
Ready to schedule your office move with us at JD Carton & Son? Give us a call to speak with one of our office moving company NY agents about our professional relocation services or fill out our online form to schedule your free quote and personalized consultation.
Subscribe to J.D. Carton & Son's Blog